Buying or selling a home can be stressful, even in normal times. Right now, when the housing market is moving at a frenetic pace, both buyers and sellers are making quick decisions and are feeling
5 Tips for a Smooth Moving Day
Dated: November 19 2020
Regardless of whether you’re moving across town or across the globe, moving day can be stressful. Often people find themselves scrambling to get everything done and make sure it’s done correctly. By following a few simple steps, you can make your moving day go smoothly and without the typical headaches.
1. Hire the Right Company – The easiest way to ensure your moving day goes smoothly is to do your homework ahead of time. Clearly communicate your needs and expectations, check references and keep a record of all conversations and estimate.
2. Have Your Packing Done Ahead of Time – Don’t wait until the last minute to get your portion of the packing done.
3. Check the Work Order before They Start – Mistakes and misunderstandings happen all the time; make any corrections or additions ahead of time and double check that your expectations are reflected correctly.
4. Supervise the Packing Process – On moving day, your job is to supervise the movers. If they are packing your items, pay special attention while they handle valuable or fragile objects.
5. Enlist the Help of Family and Friends – The day will go smoother and will be more fun with people around. Friends and family can add extra eyes to the process and run simple errands for you.
Moving is a stressful time in anyone’s life. You can avoid feeling overwhelmed by preparing ahead of time for the big day. When you know what to expect, you can feel comfortable that your belongings are being cared for and your expectations will be met.
Sweet Magnolia Homes brings a local knowledge to the markets we serve that has been obtained from years of living and working in Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs. This means our agents are intima....